Auction Location: onsite.
*Check out the Virtual Tour*
According to local legend this residence was the original homestead for the area. Given the property commands the highest site on the estate this is likely to be fact.
The gleaming timber floors, fireplace, high ceilings and decorative plasterwork ensure it still retains its old-world charm and character albeit in a modern setting.
All rooms, particularly the bedrooms, are large in scale and flooded with natural light.
The kitchen is well appointed with ample cabinetry, a central bank of cupboards, 3 sinks, hard-wearing timber benchtops, a large gas oven and stove. You can be setting up for a party and have a group of happy helpers around you without falling over one another, or preparing a family meal while supervising the children doing their homework.
A breezeway adjacent to the kitchen and family room opens out to the poolside deck to the north-east and the garden opposite to merge the master bedroom suite with the outdoor entertaining zones and the main house. Such are the dimensions of this breezeway that an 8 seater dining table cannot overwhelm the space.
A front parlour complete with cosy fireplace is connected to the more relaxed family room by French doors.
The sheltered, poolside entertaining deck is perfect for use year round. With its dining area, poolside lounge and large wall-mounted TV the new owners will be sure to spend the majority of the time out here. Another bonus are the amazing views to the hinterland that slowly turn to a sea of sparkling lights in the evenings.
A choice of shopping centres, schools, sporting fields and community facilities are all within walking distance.
This ideal location is close to all amenities including but not limited to:
The huge Chermside Shopping Centre, the Hypermarket and Aquatic Centre with its heated lap pool, water park, lagoon, and waterslides are all just a few minutes’ drive.
A few hundred metres away, at the end of the street, Marchant Park is a mecca for cricket teams, home for the Aspley Guides and Aspley Scouts and a popular picnic area with wood and electric barbecues, playgrounds and fitness stations. It even has an off-leash exercise area for your pets.
The library is but a 20 minutes’ walk and the local rugby league and AFL football clubs are not too far away either.
If long distance travel is part of your lifestyle, the Brisbane international airport is only 5km or 20 minutes away. For those who commute locally, why not leave the car at home? A bus stop to the city is just outside the front door.
– Superb, single level home of double brick and tile construction
– Extra high ceilings that enhance the interior’s spaciousness
– 4 generous bedrooms
– 2.5 bathrooms
– Both bathrooms have a separate shower and spa bath
– Gleaming timber floors throughout all bedrooms and living areas
– Soft, eco-friendly cork flooring in the kitchen and breezeway
– Great 10mx6m pool; 2 metres at its deepest and about 1 metre deep to midway
– Fully secured with Crimsafe and decorative wrought iron detail
– Northern aspect, fully fenced, landscaped gardens
– 6.5kw approx. solar system (the current owners paying NO electricity bill)
– Double auto garage with ample storage, workshop and drive through to garden behind
Off street parking for boats/3 vehicles
– The expansive roof ensures the two water tanks on the property always have ample rainwater for the gardens
– Recently replaced guttering plus restored terracotta roof with full re-pointing & 15 year guarantee
– Garage roller door recently serviced with new mechanism
Located on an elevated site at the entrance to a small cul de sac of quality homes, the property is so private that you will have the privacy of acreage living in the heart of Aspley.
Perfect for the buyer with a busy lifestyle seeking a home that offers convenience, comfort, privacy and a fantastic, indoor-outdoor way of life.
Call Antony on 0488 707 648 to ensure you don’t miss your chance to purchase this wonderful home at auction.